Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Off to see the Wiza..... Japan

So, tonight is my last night at home. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to be feeling about this, but I'm pretty nervous and choked up about everything.

My tasks this week have included changing the name on the bills into my fiances name, mailing a package ahead of myself (well, I'll do that tomorrow, stupid post office closures), changing bill plans, setting up a bank account that does international transfers, packing my house, packing my bags. Oh yeah, I packed my bags like 15 times today. Would doubt if I squeeze another 10 or so times in before bed tomorrow night.

If I had to give advice for packing your suitcase, at this point my number one piece of advice is space bags. They saved my life on the clothing aspect. Past that, I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice. As my mom has noted, I'm terrible at packing things away in the most space efficient way possible. >.< But they're packed, for now.

Tomorrow I drive to Portland with my family and I will arrive at the airport at 3 am on Thursday. Have I mentioned yet that this will be my first time flying? Yeah. I just hope I didn't end up with any of the "DON'T EVER BRING THESE ITEMS ON AN AIRPLANE EVER!" items in my bag. Oh, and I did a bit of this today too.


Also, had my going away party on the 21st. Here are a couple of pictures for you!! We barbecued. In Oregon. In the winter. At night. We so ruled. See you from Japan!!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.