Friday, March 29, 2013

Day Trip!

Today my host family took me and Chelsea on a trip to the coast! While there was less beach involved than I thought it was still fun!

I'm not exactly sure where we went, as I always seem to miss these details, but our first stop was a place where my host father used to go to rent a boat. Not by himself of course, he would go with his friends, they'd rent a boat and then go fishing for the day. Unfortunately since he became sick he can't go out and do it anymore, but it was cool to visit.

Next up, just so you know I sometimes always act like a five year old. Ok, maybe not always. Anyways, so our next stop was the aquarium! While it couldn't compare to the Osaka aquarium it was still a ton of fun. AND I got to ride a panda!!! *Can't contain the excitement!*

I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be for kids only...
Yes, I rode the panda. Yes, everyone, including myself and the complete strangers around me were laughing very hard. Oh, and the panda played music once I put the money in. Most embarassing thing ever wasn't riding the thing, but everyone looking because it was playing very loud happy music.

But you know what? I'd do it again.

 Our last trip of the day we went to lunch. Again, terrible with names, but was not near the aquarium. What did we eat? Why fresh caught local sashimi! Sashimi = raw fish. Like for sushi, but minus the rice.

Sashimi for three.

 Then I slept in the car half the ride home.

So there you have it. A short and sweet update from me (for once!). Tomorrow the gang and I are cooking Easter dinner with my host family. We are moving to the dorms on Easter, so we're doing it early.

Take care everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.