Friday, November 8, 2013

Be-lated Halloween and Exciting news

As you all know (or hopefully you all know. You do know this, right?) last month was Halloween. All hallows eve. Where the ghosts and ghouls come out to play and you can be anything you. Anything at all. Except a tentacle monster. Please. I'm begging you. Not for the children, but for my sanity, don't EVER be the tentacle monster. Anyways. *hehem*

So. In preparation for Halloween I went overboard. As I always do. I decided to make an "easy" costume. Looks simple. Not much to go on. Oh. What? 3 weeks to Halloween and I have no pattern for this? Okay. I'll wing it. 2 days until Halloween, my first ever hand-made pattern is too small? (Big shocker there.) Okay. No problem. I can fix this. Morning of Halloween, I'm frantically sewing on clasps and making "final" (more changes might be made before Anime Expo next year) adjustments and I've finally finished. Just in the nick of time.

Okay, okay. You get it already. I made a costume. But what was the costume you ask? (And more importantly, why did I bring up AX 2014?)

Da-dada-daaaaa!!!

Rebecca Chambers, at your service!























Yep. I did it. Adjustments are in order, boots need to be bought, and that dang hem needs to be faded, but I'll be wearing this, if all goes according to plan, to Anime Expo next July. Hopefully I'll catch some of you there!

Had a party with some friends at the school.


A red shirt died. A lot.


Killed the zombies.


Struck a pose.



Overall, had a good night. 

But that's not the big news. The big news. Which I've been waiting to announce is... Wait for it....


That's right. China. For about 10 days. Thanks to some unexpected financial aid and some awesome circumstances, I'll be going to China in December and then be back in Japan just in time for new years before I head home to the States. (I don't want to gooooo!!!)

So there you have it. The big news. The cat is out of the bag! China! Granted, I probably won't really leave the Shanghai area (I don't have an endless supply of money, okay?), but I'm super stoked.

In less newsy news for those of you who already know, my sister will also be in Japan from November 19th-26th. We're doing the full circuit in 7 days. Kyoto, Osaka, Nikko, Tokyo Tower, Sky Tree, Ueno, Harajuku, etc., etc. You get the point. I'll be taking a week off from school in order to spend it with her, so I'm thoroughly excited.

That's all I have to say. Feels like I'm spoiling you all with updates this month. Anyways, stay tuned! Obviously more adventures to come soon!

Oh, last thing. I swear. Practice test for the JLPT N3 level is this weekend on Sunday and I won the lottery to take it. Cram time. Starting tomorrow. Treating this like the real deal. The actual test is coming up fairly quickly on December 1st, so I'm getting nervous about that too. Anyways. I promised that was the last, and the last it is. Have fun gang!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.