Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pay at Conbini

So. I might be procrastinating today, but only juuust a little. Anyways, I just came to the realization that I am addicted to something. It is something that I will not have access to when I go home and I am entirely upset by this fact.

What am I addicted to? Well, it's not a food or drink (and no mom. Not drugs. Drugs are bad. Mmm'kay?)

I'm addicted to paying for things at the conbini. To the extent that if there is not a "Pay at conbini" option I will shop on a different website (or store in the case of Amazon).


In Japan there are conbinis everywhere. I have to 7-11s withing 3 blocks of the dorm gates in either direction, a Daily Tamazaki (but let's face it, no one shops there) one block farther and a Family Mart within a 5 minute walk. When I first got here I ALWAYS wanted to pay by card. Now, I prefer paying cash. I don't go over my budgeting and it really is my preferred option now.

Sure, it's annoying if you mess up when you write down the payment number and you have to come home for the right one, but generally it's super awesome. Want to buy something on Amazon? Pay at the conbini. Want to pay your health insurance or gas bill? Pay at the conbini. Want to buy a ticket for that musical you want to see? Pay at the conbini.

Anyways, I guess that was the whole point of this update. Paying at the conbini rocks.

Oh. And I have a video for you to. No, not a video of me paying at a conbini. It is a quick walk through of the Japan Women's University campus. Just the outsides of the buildings, but it'll give you an idea of what's what. (Video will be live here shortly. If it's not up when you click the link, try back in just a bit.) Enjoy.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you this is very helpful for me! and interesting!
lots of love,
Anne

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.