Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pantsless at Work


            Do you ever have things that just simply go horribly wrong? If your answer is no, there is something wrong with you.


For the most part, my job is a fantastic mix of figuring out what I’m supposed to do, things going right, talking to people, planning lessons and acting like a clown (at times) in front of the class. Things go right in class. Things go wrong. But, that’s not what I’m here to talk about today.

Sometimes, things just go horribly, terribly wrong. Sometime around my first week of classes at Serenity High School, I ran to the restroom only to, horrifyingly, realize that my pants had blown out. Badly. Luckily, it was in no way that anyone would be able to quickly see, but the fact that I was at work with large holes in terrible places in my pants was no laughing matter. I quickly returned to the staff room and my head JTE managed to acquire some fabric from the home ec teacher and off women’s changing room I went. Where I sat, pants less, for well over an hour. As I thought about how it couldn’t get much worse, in walked one of the other teacher’s. I was mortified, but she laughed it off, barely seeming to bat an eye at my missing pants.

Pants fixed, I walked out of the changing room, confident that I wouldn’t find myself in this position again anytime soon.

Not a week later, I was back. Pants less. In the changing room. Well. Skirt less, really. On the way to grab my lunch at the nearby bento shop, I’d caught my skirt in my bike, ripping it wide open. So there I was. Needle in hand. Pants less. Yet again. At least this time I was able to use the skirt for a bit of modesty.

               There you have it. Probably one of the most embarrassing situations I’ve found myself in in Japan. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.