Thursday, January 29, 2015

Gravy

So, I'm sitting here whipping up a lovely (and lazy) dinner of chicken and rice and I'm thinking to myself "I wish I had something to make it a little less dry!" Oh yeah! "GRAVY!" As soon as my chicken finishes cooking in the frying pan I add some water, flour and spices and, as soon as I put the spoon in my mouth for a taste test, I'm suddenly homesick. It's funny how things like that work.

On a gravy related note, mashed potatoes and gravy. Suuupppeeerrr easy way to impress people here. I served it at my Christmas dinner and the Japanese attendees were super ecstatic about it. Apparently the ones who had never been to the U.S., etc. before had never had it! So. No need to work hard if you're looking for a good western food to serve up in Japan! (Or even at one of your first meals together if you've got a home stay student stateside or elsewhere!)

1 comments:

qwacksalot said...

Yes mashed potatoes and gravy always a great choice.

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.