Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hanami

Hello again! I just realized I never told you guys about this. A couple of weeks ago, a lot of us Jets and some other folks from town and well, let's face it, a lot of Japanese people also went to do hanami.

What is it you ask? Well it is a tradition of going and basically having a picnic underneath the cherry blossom trees in bloom. The cherry blossom season is very short, lasting only 1 to 2 weeks if that sometimes. So people make the best of it and they go out and enjoy it with their friends, their family, their coworkers... you get the point. For those of age, this often involves drinking as well. 

Admittedly, my friend and I did sneak off to take photos for a couple hours during the day. 

Anyways, without further ado, here are some photos from my Hanami experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.