Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sleepless in Shizuoka

Hello folks! How long has it been? I can't remember the last time I sat down to write out a post for all of you. As it is currently 3:59 AM and I can't sleep, well, here goes nothing. You see, I had quite a few plans to go out and see and do things that I could report to you all, and, well, I haven't. For good reason though!

April 13th, the very day before my birthday, I was hit by a car on the way to work. Don't worry though! I came out totally unscathed. My bike, unfortunately can't say the same. 

Later that day, I joined the volleyball club's practice as planned. I had a lot of fun with the girls playing volleyball, then a game called Momotaro, after the folk tale, and then we played some kind of running dodgeball. Well, I'm sure this is all VERY interesting, but where is it leading?

Well, I threw a ball. At the same time, my knee decided to check out as I felt my knee cap snap clear to the side of my knee. An ensuing doctor's visit, a soft splint, very little sleep and all of my birthday in the hospital led to the cancellation of all plans. 

At the hospital I wound up in a full leg cast, which I learned are called ギブス, or gibusu. I also had my first MRI taken  I kind of fell asleep during it from exhaustion. Turns out I dislocated my knee cap, injured a ligament on the side of my knee and possibly injured something else.


All this trouble. Because I threw a ball.Life is funny sometimes isn't it? I've been going a little stir crazy on bedrest. Without much to do… Well let's just say I'm eager to be able to leave my house again.


So, I'm not letting my entry stop me from attending my concert next month. You know, the Taylor swift concert I bought tickets to months ago. Unfortunately, I am having to rent a wheelchair in order to go (I can barely cross my house on crutches...), but, nonetheless, I plan on making the best of my situation and as my friend keeps reminding me I hope to keep on smiling.

I know I have a couple of backlog stories for you guys I hope to get those posted soon, but as I can't quite fit under my desk it might take a while. I hope you're enjoying your spring more than I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, witty or otherwise. Questions are welcomed. As are random ramblings that leave me wondering how they're related to my post.